we make it good vol. 04: xxxchange
The already stellar We Make It Good mix series just stepped its game up, courtesy of our favorite producer of the last year or so, Spank Rock's XXXChange. Vol. 04 features amazing artwork (as has come to be expected from the We Make It Good people), and an eclectic and tasteful 43-minute mix consisting of xxxchange's favorite film score jams. I just found my travel soundtrack for this weekend's trip to Lollapalooza. (via)
xxxchange :: we make it good vol. 4 (100 mb)
Full tracklist, complete with musings from xxxchange, after the jump...
1. Lattice of Coincidence/Acid intro (Repo Man 1984)
2. Kenny Rogers & the First Edition – Just Dropped in(to See What Condition My Condition Was in)
featured prominently in 1998’s "The Big Lebowski," where the Coen brothers made a music video of sorts out of it.
3. Isaac Hayes -Three Tough Guys (End Theme)
"Three Tough Guys Original" Soundtrack (1974)
4. Henry Mancini - Police Woman (theme)
This is the theme music for a television show of the same name which aired from 1974-1978 and later inspired the hit show "Charlie’s Angels"
5. The Rolling Stones - Gimmie Shelter
Usually featured at least once in every Martin Scorcese movie ever made, as many as three times in "the Departed?" (2006)
6. Ben Charest – Bellville Rendezvous
this is the main theme for "les Triplettes of Bellville" (2003) one of my personal favorite movies as the two main themes are A.Music created with household objects and B.Cycling
7. Tangerine Dream – Love on a Real Train
Most memorably featured in 1983’s "Risky Business" but also appeared recently in "the Squid and the Whale" (2005)
8. (reprise) London Symphony Orchestra – Gimmie Shelter
9. Harry Belafonte – "Day-o"
featured along with another excellent Belafonte cut "Jump in the Line" in Tim Burton’s "BeetleJuice" (1988)
10. Daniel Johnston - Mountain Dew
From the 2005 documentary "The Devil In Daniel Johnston"
11. Mohammed Rafi – Jaan Pehechan-Ho
from the classic 1966 Bollywood musical "Gumnaam," also featured with this footage from the original movie in the opening sequence of "Ghost World" in 2001.
12. George Baker – Little Green Bag
Reservoir Dogs (1992)
13. The Plugz – El Clavo y la Cruz
Repo Man (1984)
14. John Wayne interlude (Repo Man 1984)
15. Curtis Mayfield - “Short Eyes/ Free Free Free”
"Short Eyes" Original Soundtrack (1977)
16. "Blush Response" Interlude (Bladerunner 1982)
17. Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes"
Prominently featured in 1989’s "Say Anything," where John Cusak plays this song for some lady, then later, does sex to her in the back of a car.
*18. Vangelis – Blush Response *
Bladerunner original soundtrack (1982)
19. Jan Hammer – Crockett’s Theme
Originally Composed by Mr. Hammer for the tv series "Miami Vice" in 1987
20. Air – Alone in Kyoto
I suspect this was actually composed for the 2003 Sofia Coppola film "Lost in Translation," then later released on their 2004 "Talkie Walkie" LP. been wrong before though!
21. "Bill Murray" interlude
(coffe and cigarettes)
22. The GreeneHornes ft. Holly Golightly – There is an End
I felt obligated to include at least one song from a Jim Jarmush Movie on this mix. "I Put a Spell On You" (stranger than Paradise) seemed like it might be too obvious so I chose, instead this wonderful song from "Broken Flowers" (2005)