GORILLA VS. BEAR has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://gorillavsbear.net
and update your bookmarks.



Friday, March 06, 2009

premiere: Cryptacize :: "blue tears"

Cryptacize's adventurous second album, Mythomania, is due out April 21 on Asthmatic Kitty. The label hooked us up with the premiere of "Blue Tears," a galloping, charmingly fragmented avant-pop jam that sounds like dramatic '60s girl-group pop-meets-guitarist Chris Cohen's former band, Deerhoof. Nedelle Torrisi's voice shines brightly with what Sufjan Stevens calls "the uncomplicated clarity of a 1950s movie musical," making it pretty easy to get lost in the group's simple, oddly infectious melodies. Bonus: you can download two more songs from Mythomania at MOKB and Stereogum.

mp3:
cryptacize :: blue tears

In other news, Cryptacize has been posting some really great mixes on their blog here.

**************

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Anonymous Kreta said...

Must be excellent. I like.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Richie said...

Nice tune. I like her voice.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! So good!

"Dig That Treasure" spun repeatedly last year, so I'm excited to hear the rest of the new album.

They're also three of the sweetest people I've ever met. It definitely ripples through their music.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Klimbsac said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://www.lyricsdigs.com

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Immediately awesome song. Sounds like they've been hard at work since the last album...rooting for these folks!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

... ...