GORILLA VS. BEAR has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://gorillavsbear.net
and update your bookmarks.



Thursday, September 24, 2009

mp3: binki shapiro & friends | kids song


binki shapiro

Thanks to Dallas Clayton for sending over this sweet and tender little lullaby, featuring Binki Shapiro of Little Joy fame, Jason Boesel of Rilo Kiley/the Mystic Valley Band, and others, inspired by Dr. Seuss' “Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?” Dallas says:
"A few years ago I was putting together a small kids album for my son and I asked a bunch of my friends to record some songs. As tends to happen I got about half way through before being taken away by more pressing projects. The other day I unearthed this track, which I thought might be nice to share with the world..."
mp3:
binki shapiro & friends :: kids song

Related: check the excellent/insightful We Love You So, a blog that Dallas and Spike Jonze started to "help shed some light on many of the small influences that have converged" to make Where The Wild Things Are happen (also, this song could/should totally be on the film's soundtrack).

*********

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Anonymous Gorillan said...

Sounds good!
(new Beach Fossils).

2:11 PM  
Anonymous jiff said...

great little number. love everything she's done, really.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this girl's family bought the property where i used to live, jacked my rent, in a rent control area, and told me i had to pay a huge amount to stay - or leave. suffice to day, these scientologists are frauds and scams. her family was flyering the entire neighborhood with scientology leaflets, true story

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Will said...

While I have no idea if the above anonymous poster's story is true or not (don't care), it's completely irrelevant, and it's kind of lame to make accusations like that in this kind of forum, especially anonymously.

The song is great, btw.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Andy said...

Wow. Every new thing that she does is better than the last!!! I guess it says here that this is a few years old, but it's cool to know that she was doing cool shit long before Little Joy. She's rad! I can't wait for their next record. Props to GvB for recognizing this band's undeniable talent before anyone else.

And real fast, since Anonymous' comment got my goat. Like Will (above) said, inappropriate forum, man. This is not a gossip site, it's about music and art. However, while we're at it, I'd want you out too!
You seem like a real bigoted dick head.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Dean said...

Her voice is absolutely perfect. So ladylike and unpretentious.
Every time I hear a little joy song where she sings lead, I feel like she's (and wish she was) laying next to me whispering in my ear.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the song mucho. But Little Joy is way borring/uninteresting.

Mathew Adam Ward-

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

I just read on brooklynvegan.com that Devendra Banhart is secretly opening for Little Joy at their Webster Hall show!!!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its true that someones voice might not really be saying what they want to at the cost of ruining things that dont work in a brainwash system...im more concerned for the vibe of the area than if someone fits into a hipster cult seen.....celebrity center elevator music

many people feel this way and maybe a name would be said if u could pseak out with out getting stalked by .....

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

... ...