GORILLA VS. BEAR has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://gorillavsbear.net
and update your bookmarks.



Thursday, May 13, 2010

children of the world



A couple selections from the two best rap records I've heard so far this year: "Children of the World" appears on the the new free, self-produced mixtape from Mississippi's Big K.R.I.T., and "Blastit" is taken from the self-released, self-titled EP from Seattle's Shabazz Palaces (Ishmael Butler, formerly of Digable Planets):

mp3:
Big K.R.I.T. :: children of the world
Shabazz Palaces :: blastit at the homie rayzer’s charm lake plateau bbq july at outpalace pk

Get Big K.R.I.T.'s mixtape free here, and get both EPs from Shabazz Palaces here. [thanks to our friend will for the heads up on Big K.R.I.T.]



******

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Anonymous ups said...

the shabazz ep's were nov. of 2009, the other one is called "of light"

5:25 PM  
Blogger The_Ironist said...

Nice to see some music from this genre on here, and it's the good stuff...

2:39 AM  
Blogger The_Ironist said...

The Big K.R.I.T. Hometown Hero sampling one of my favourite songs Hometown Glory is sick to say the least

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing Big K.R.I.T. on this blog is blowing my mind. What is next Supa Villain...?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Christian Rydberg said...

Big K.R.I.T.s tape is probably the best stuff I've heard this year. Classic, and an absolute must if you like UGK.

Man, there's tracks on their that just wants me to ride in my car and bump that all day long, and there's tracks that make me cry - see Hometown Hero.

The production is absolutely crazy good as well, some of the best beats I've heard in a good while.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Big K.R.I.T mixtape is so good, thanks for the heads up. Some of his tracks on there are incredible, I could see him blowin up. Thanks for it

11:32 AM  
Blogger cliffdogg said...

more love for k.r.i.t., so good

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

... ...